Contact Info / Websites
Hey guys, I just wanted to quickly throw up a blog post about some thingies...
1. I just uploaded "Version 1.1" patches for Phantom Reverse Episodes 1, 2 and 3.
- Locket set up was improved in episode 1 - including motivation logic in episode 3
- Added to Melonie's character intro
- Word counts and length were trimmed down a bit here and there
- Added three additional visuals to episode 2's fight scene
- Episode 1 is now titled "Phantom" on the titlescreen
- You can find specific brief patch notes in the description of each episode
2. I'm working on Episode 5 now
- It should be up early next month, which will hopefully be followed by the finale (episode 6) not long after
- The story I have planned for it is really cool so far - hopefully people will like it
3. I've decided to privatise Chronicle Bulletin
- This is only a temporary thing. I really think I kinda screwed up that series. It was just lacking a lot of the things I think I usually do quite well - like character arcs, emotional cores and things like that. While a lot of my stuff has this kind of intentional shit-posting aesthetic, I think that series still has some inexcusably bad, lazy visuals lol. It just doesn't make sense with the tone.
- I'll make them public again eventually - most likely after I maybe tidy them up a bit to improve these areas
4. After Phantom Reverse concludes, I'll be doing one more series this year...
- I'll be revealing what it is later down the line, but I know it's something people have been wanting for a while.
- It's a stand-alone sequel to something
- It'll be 5 episodes long
- Visually, it'll follow in the footsteps of Phantom, though will hopefully look a touch better as I'll be spending about a month on each episode.
That's all for now.
If you don't already, you can......
THANKS , HAVE A GREAT WEEK ~
- JACK ASTRAL
2017-05-27 20:56:26 by JackAstral
HI I STARTED A NEW PARANORMAL HIGH SCHOOL VISUAL NOVEL SERIES CALLED "PHANTOM REVERSE" RECENTLY
IT'S ABOUT A PARANORMAL CURSE KILLING STUDENTS AT A HIGH SCHOOL. IT'S DARK AND WEIRD AND FUN AND IS GOOD I THINK MAYBE
I JUST UPLOADED THE SECOND EPISODE.
ALSO I UPLOADED MY TINY EERY SHORT FILM TO YOUTUBE, IF YOU MISSED IT ON NEWGROUNDS:
THANKS HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND YES IM SORRY FOR ALL CAPS AGAIN
- JACK ASTRAL
2017-05-07 14:34:14 by JackAstral
HI THE FIRST EPISODE OF MY NEW SERIES "PHANTOM REVERSE" IS OUT NOW!
PLAY IT HERE -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/693080
PLZ ALSO FOLLOW ME ON NEWGROUNDS AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
IT'S ABOUT A CURSE THAT'S BEEN KILLING HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS EVERY FRIDAY. SPOOKY!!!!!!! MYSTERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! ACTION!!!!!!!!!! EMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHARACTER ARCCSSS!!!
PLAY IT PLZ
THIS FIRST EPISODE HAS A LOT OF SET UP
BUT IT'S JUST THE NATURE OF IT. THE COMPLETE THING WILL BE MY BEST STORY EVER BY FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
EPISODE 2 UP AS SOON AS HUMANILY POSSIBLE!!!!
PS. SORRY FOR CAps
TODAY I UPLOADED TWO LITTLE THINGS
FIRST, A TEXT BASED GAME THING CALLED "AGREE TO AGREE"
IT'S ABOUT HOW PEOPLE DON'T LISTEN TO OTHER'S OPINIONS PROPERLY ANYMORE.
PLAY IT HERE -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/690878
SECOND, I UPLOADED A LITTLE 1 MINUTE LONG HORROR-ISH SHORT CALLED "THE HATMAN"
IT'S LIVE ACTION BUT I UPLOADED TO NEWGROUNDS ANYWAY BECAUSE I'VE SEEN A COUPLE HERE BEFORE :O
WATCH IT HERE -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/690884
SO YEAH THEY'RE NOT MUCH BUT I HOPE YOU LIKE THEM
NEXT UP IS PHANTOM REVERSE EPISODE 1. COMING APRIL. FIRST IN A BRAND NEW VISUAL NOVEL SERIES.
- JACK ASTRAL
PS. SORRY FOR CAPS
PLAY ALL 6 EPISODES OF MY DUMB SERIES COMBINED INTO ONE PROJECT HERE -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/690316
FOLLOW ME ON NEWGROUNDS HERE - > http://jackastral.newgrounds.com/follow
PS. NEW UPLOAD LATER THIS WEEK ;-D
2017-02-21 20:09:12 by JackAstral
I finished making and uploading all 6 episodes of my adventure visual novel series BLUE LIGHTS!!!! It's about a frail, nerdy high school kid who gets wrapped up in an ALIEN INVASION ADVENTURE THINGY
PLAY EPISODE 1 HERE ►►► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/687842
- EPISODE 2 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688042
- EPISODE 3 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688262
- EPISODE 4 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688505
- EPISODE 5 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688697
- EPISODE 6 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/689259
Thanks to everyone who played, rated and reviewed the series! I really appreciate it!
My next upload will just be called "BLUE LIGHTS", and will combine all 6 episodes into one giant game.
NEXT I'll be starting my next visual novel series called "Phantom Reverse." It'll be dark, mysterious, emotional and kinda scary. It'll be 6 episodes long, and tell the story of a high school that's suffering from an evil, bloody curse.
THANKS! HAVE A GREAT WEEK,
2017-01-24 08:56:46 by JackAstral
Today I uploaded the first episode of my new 6 part series Blue Lights. It's a super hyper visual novel adventure about a lazy high school kid called Rey, who gets wrapped up in an extraterrestrial plot!
PLAY IT, SHARE IT AND RATE IT...........IF YOU WANT !!!!
Episode 2 will be up soon.
- Jack Astral
Happy New Year! Check out my Game Reel for 2016 below:
- You can also watch my game reel here on newgrounds ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/686711
Projects Coming in 2017
- A new 6 part Visual Novel series called "Phantom Reverse." It's about a rumoured curse randomly killing students at a high school. There's a little horror, a little drama, and a little adventure. It's my best narrative yet, by far.
- A new 5 part Visual Novel series in a similar vein to Dead Detention, (for now) titled "Blue Lights." It's about an alien invasion set at a high school. It's fun, hyper and weird - with the same doodle-y, notepad "art" of Dead Detention.
- A mini trilogy of dark visual novels called "Red Rain" - about a grown up, gritty Max from Dead Detention. The story is about him trying to save his twin brother from the clutches of Clear Moon.
- A couple dumb, meme-y, viral-ish games. My projects get a little depressing, and dark, sometimes, so I thought it'd be cool to do some dumb joke games next year. You know, just stuff making fun of pop culuture.
- ...and a couple of those tiny, little emotional games I make
Changes Coming 2017
Going forward, all of my projects will be exported to HTML5 - meaning that they'll be playable on mobile devices. All games will also now go up on Newgrounds, Kongregate and itch.io. I really want to grow up my audience :)
I might also attempt to do something with my YouTube channel, which you can check out (and subscribe to!!!) ► here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWcOwvblb4G3IHhZMJFJ5pA
(I was thinking of maybe doing a video adaption of the first season of Dead Detention with voice actors...more on that later.)
Goals for 2017
- Reach 4,000 Newgrounds fans
- Reach 1,000 twitter followers
- Reach 1,000 YouTube subs...maybe...if I end up doing something with the old channel :b
- Create my first release for the Apple and Google appstore
- Immensely step up the visual quality and polish of my projects, while still retaining the messy, unprofessional aesthetic people seem to really like.
Anyway. I really hope you liked some of the things I made this year. I had some pretty cool little successes, as well as some failures, in 2016. Thank you for sticking with me through them. I get in my own way a lot, so I really appreciate people who have been around since last year.
I hope you have a great New Years, and a peaceful 2017.
Never stop creating. Never stop trying.
...is called Phantom Reverse.
It's about a paranormal curse, and accepting your past.
It's 6 episodes long.
It'll be playable on mobile devices.
You'll be able to play as a male or female.
It's my best narrative yet, by far.
It'll have dialogue options, quick time events, minigames and a branching choice in the final chapter leading to two possible endings.
I'll try to upload episodes monthly, starting in January or maybe early February.
Once all are up, I'll compile them together into one big, ad free, complete game that'll be downloadable from itch.io, maybe with a version in the Apple and Google appstore.
Thanks for sticking with me for so long - I think this project will be my first big next step.
PS. Game Reel 2016 coming on New Years Eve.
PSS. MAKE HAPPY IF YOU MISSED IT > http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/686232
MY NEW TRILOGY OF SMALL VISUAL NOVELS "CHAOS ECLIPSE" IS UP ON NEWGROUDS NOW !!!
CHAPTER 1 ►http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/680748
CHAPTER 2 ►http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/684691
CHAPTER 3 ►http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/685377
THANKS I HOPE YOU LIKE IT
IT'S ABOUT MAGICAL POWERS AND FINDING HOPE AND STUFF
ALSO SORRY CAps
PS. I also wanted to just note that I decided to take down the #3.5 episode of the first season of Dead Detention - it was just really half assed and horrible. I'm not exactly proud of that first season, but that episode in particular I was kinda ashamed of.
SEASON 2 IS GOOD THOUGH GO PLAY IT ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/677775