Contact Info / Websites
PLAY ALL 6 EPISODES OF MY DUMB SERIES COMBINED INTO ONE PROJECT HERE -> http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/690316
FOLLOW ME ON NEWGROUNDS HERE - > http://jackastral.newgrounds.com/follow
PS. NEW UPLOAD LATER THIS WEEK ;-D
2017-02-21 20:09:12 by JackAstral
I finished making and uploading all 6 episodes of my adventure visual novel series BLUE LIGHTS!!!! It's about a frail, nerdy high school kid who gets wrapped up in an ALIEN INVASION ADVENTURE THINGY
PLAY EPISODE 1 HERE ►►► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/687842
- EPISODE 2 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688042
- EPISODE 3 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688262
- EPISODE 4 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688505
- EPISODE 5 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/688697
- EPISODE 6 ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/689259
Thanks to everyone who played, rated and reviewed the series! I really appreciate it!
My next upload will just be called "BLUE LIGHTS", and will combine all 6 episodes into one giant game.
NEXT I'll be starting my next visual novel series called "Phantom Reverse." It'll be dark, mysterious, emotional and kinda scary. It'll be 6 episodes long, and tell the story of a high school that's suffering from an evil, bloody curse.
THANKS! HAVE A GREAT WEEK,
2017-01-24 08:56:46 by JackAstral
Today I uploaded the first episode of my new 6 part series Blue Lights. It's a super hyper visual novel adventure about a lazy high school kid called Rey, who gets wrapped up in an extraterrestrial plot!
PLAY IT, SHARE IT AND RATE IT...........IF YOU WANT !!!!
Episode 2 will be up soon.
- Jack Astral
Happy New Year! Check out my Game Reel for 2016 below:
- You can also watch my game reel here on newgrounds ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/686711
Projects Coming in 2017
- A new 6 part Visual Novel series called "Phantom Reverse." It's about a rumoured curse randomly killing students at a high school. There's a little horror, a little drama, and a little adventure. It's my best narrative yet, by far.
- A new 5 part Visual Novel series in a similar vein to Dead Detention, (for now) titled "Blue Lights." It's about an alien invasion set at a high school. It's fun, hyper and weird - with the same doodle-y, notepad "art" of Dead Detention.
- A mini trilogy of dark visual novels called "Red Rain" - about a grown up, gritty Max from Dead Detention. The story is about him trying to save his twin brother from the clutches of Clear Moon.
- A couple dumb, meme-y, viral-ish games. My projects get a little depressing, and dark, sometimes, so I thought it'd be cool to do some dumb joke games next year. You know, just stuff making fun of pop culuture.
- ...and a couple of those tiny, little emotional games I make
Changes Coming 2017
Going forward, all of my projects will be exported to HTML5 - meaning that they'll be playable on mobile devices. All games will also now go up on Newgrounds, Kongregate and itch.io. I really want to grow up my audience :)
I might also attempt to do something with my YouTube channel, which you can check out (and subscribe to!!!) ► here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWcOwvblb4G3IHhZMJFJ5pA
(I was thinking of maybe doing a video adaption of the first season of Dead Detention with voice actors...more on that later.)
Goals for 2017
- Reach 4,000 Newgrounds fans
- Reach 1,000 twitter followers
- Reach 1,000 YouTube subs...maybe...if I end up doing something with the old channel :b
- Create my first release for the Apple and Google appstore
- Immensely step up the visual quality and polish of my projects, while still retaining the messy, unprofessional aesthetic people seem to really like.
Anyway. I really hope you liked some of the things I made this year. I had some pretty cool little successes, as well as some failures, in 2016. Thank you for sticking with me through them. I get in my own way a lot, so I really appreciate people who have been around since last year.
I hope you have a great New Years, and a peaceful 2017.
Never stop creating. Never stop trying.
...is called Phantom Reverse.
It's about a paranormal curse, and accepting your past.
It's 6 episodes long.
It'll be playable on mobile devices.
You'll be able to play as a male or female.
It's my best narrative yet, by far.
It'll have dialogue options, quick time events, minigames and a branching choice in the final chapter leading to two possible endings.
I'll try to upload episodes monthly, starting in January or maybe early February.
Once all are up, I'll compile them together into one big, ad free, complete game that'll be downloadable from itch.io, maybe with a version in the Apple and Google appstore.
Thanks for sticking with me for so long - I think this project will be my first big next step.
PS. Game Reel 2016 coming on New Years Eve.
PSS. MAKE HAPPY IF YOU MISSED IT > http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/686232
MY NEW TRILOGY OF SMALL VISUAL NOVELS "CHAOS ECLIPSE" IS UP ON NEWGROUDS NOW !!!
CHAPTER 1 ►http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/680748
CHAPTER 2 ►http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/684691
CHAPTER 3 ►http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/685377
THANKS I HOPE YOU LIKE IT
IT'S ABOUT MAGICAL POWERS AND FINDING HOPE AND STUFF
ALSO SORRY CAps
PS. I also wanted to just note that I decided to take down the #3.5 episode of the first season of Dead Detention - it was just really half assed and horrible. I'm not exactly proud of that first season, but that episode in particular I was kinda ashamed of.
SEASON 2 IS GOOD THOUGH GO PLAY IT ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/677775
I just uploaded the 2nd chapter of my new series Chaos Eclipse !
The 3rd, and final, chapter will be up early next month !!
Hey guysssss. I thought I'd get in a quick update post before the week ends. (I'm trying to write a post every week, if you haven't noticed !)
I'll be really swamped with Uni next week, but I have managed to plan out a bunch of plotlines, and finalise my release schedule. Chaos Eclipse: Chapter 2, Ponder and Chronicle Bulletin: After Story will all be up next month.
Timeline Web Page
I also created an official web page for the timeline I released a couple weeks ago. It might be worth bookmarking, as I'll continue to keep it updated going forward.
Survival Side Project
If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that I've been working on a survival/exploration side project in Game Maker for a little while. I'll be announcing the game's name + showing (extremely early) screenshots of it soon!
That's all for now really. Happy Halloween if you're into that kinda thing :-)
Twitter -> https://twitter.com/JackAstral
So I decide to dedicate a couple of hours tonight to put together two small projects.
1) Coffin Trail ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/682852
- In this, you play as Michael from the 2nd episode of Chronicle Bulletin
- You basically just wonder around a forest...though some of the stuff on the MC's phone is pretty cool. (A dude from Alula Falling has a tiny mention :0)
2) The Ritual ► http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/682870
- This is a sequel to The Shovel, set a few weeks after
Both reveal lots of lore.
They're nothing special - again, they were only made in a really short amount of time. I'll be updating both in the near-ish future to add suggestions given by reviewers !
Next month though, I'll be uploading Chaos Eclipse Chapter 2 + A Chronicle Bulletin After Story to make up for it. I have some pretty cool ideas for them, so hopefully they turn out good !
Thanks ! Have a great Halloween !
Hey guyssssssssssssssssssssssssss I just thought I should post a little update because I haven't really uploaded anything for a while.
- Originally I was planning to do 2-3 projects for Halloween, but I just don't think I'll have the time. I legit have 8 big things due within the next 4 weeks for Uni :S So apologies in advance if I don't manage to upload this month...
- After that, I'll be releasing a game called "Ponder" in November, based on responses I recieve from this google form. There have been some pretty great responses, but I have to rewrite just about all of them to improve the writing and make them more cohesive. It's kinda fun to do though - because I have a very particular style and use a lot of the same motifs, it feels fresh and new to write from someone else's perspective. FUN
- THEN I'll be finishing Chaos Eclipse with the final 2 chapters.
- Finally, in December I'll be doing a Christmas special.
- Maybe won't upload anything this month, because of uni work.
- Will upload a game based on that Google form in November + the other two parts to Chaos Elipse
After that, I'll be posting my annual game reel for 2016. I think last year's was really lame, so I'll be putting way more work into this one.
ALSO I changed my username to JackAstral. "08jackt" was always suppose to be a placeholder, but I never came up with a proper one, so that's cool !
Thanks ! I hope you have a greatttttttttttt week ~
PS. For lore peeps - I added to the timeline a little bit.
Twitter - https://twitter.com/JackAstral